3rd Annual Derby Day Soiree
Book Your Derby Deal Today!
Head to Mackinac Island for food, fun, & fashion!
Ladies & gentlemen pack your derby duds for an evening of juleps & jockeys. Cheer for your choice thoroughbred on your favorite equine-filled island. Island House Hotel opens just in time for the 3rd Annual Derby Day Soiree in the 1852 Grill Room. Sip on blue-ribbon-worthy mint juleps and bourbon. Dine on traditional derby fare. Live broadcast of the Kentucky Derby accompanied by music & commentary by DJ Mike Williford. Derby attire is expected and it’s all about the headwear. Fantastic prizes for the biggest hat, best dressed, cutest couple, equestrian trivia, & other contests. Mackinac Horsemen’s Association will be raising funds to support local equestrian activities with a hat decorating table with all the materials you need to make your appearance exquisite!
Island House Hotel Derby Deal Package
- Accommodations for the night of Saturday, May 4, 2019
- $100 Derby Bucks to dine at 1852 Grill Room, Seabiscuit Café or Mary’s Bistro Draught House
- 3rd Annual Derby Day Soiree event tickets, drink tickets (2pp), and hor d’ oeuvres.
- Sign up to earn 906 Club Rewards for dining and lodging credits
- Luggage handling & baggage transfer
Package based on double occupancy. Subject to taxes & fees. Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and children’s rates apply.
Stay Friday or Sunday night for only $99 for traditional rooms, $149 for deluxe rooms, $199 for premium rooms by calling the hotel to add to your Saturday reservation.
Reserve now. This popular event fills quickly.